Monday 20 June 2016

Why do we have to dumb language down for people with a short....

.....attention span?

Sorry!

It could be you!

The inability to read a whole sentence do we need to shorten things so that we keep people interested?

We merge words so that we can work with the Twitter limited symbol generation.

My daughter said that she wanted time to "chillax" this summer.

Even as I type, my autocorrect tells me that to "chillax" is only SO wrong.

To chill and ro relax! Is it just me or are they not actually the same thing?

Can I chill when I am working flat out?

Can I relax when I am not chilling....what is the opposite of chilling...please don't make up another merged word to describe it.....

The resulting chillax sounds like the murder weapon in a Scandinavian murder novel.

Which brings me sadly to Brexit.

Why for Britain to make a decision to leave the EEC do we have to abbreviate words?

Is it because the leave campaign is targeting young voters who gave no idea about financial security and history and base their opinions on what the Kardashians think.......apparently Kim wants to stay in but Khloe wants to leave, Caitlin Jenner can't decide.........

For those who want to remain....I think I did hear someone mention the Bremain campaign......but it was probably someone from the leave campaign looking for balance or a journalist who should have their credentials removed and not returned till they complete a proper novel.

I worry for the for the beauty that is the English language and wait to hear that words like jurisprudence becomes jupru........the end is night people.

No comments:

Post a Comment