Saturday 24 August 2013

The power of Coronation Street.

It's nice to see Cliff Richard in the Daily Mail for two consecutive days. Proves that he's not dead. Don't get me wrong, I think that he has a fine voice and is a great performer.

I was concerned to read that Coronation Street was one of the reasons why he was and still is a svelte figure.


‘I’d been touring America with the Shadows in 1960, and it was pretty hard work, driving from one city to another overnight, and living on junk food,’ he says. ‘We’d always stop somewhere for breakfast around 5am — cornflakes with lots of creamy milk and sugar. I must have put on about 10lb.’

And he admits he was in denial. ‘When I watched The Young Ones, I thought I looked a bit stocky in some scenes, but I convinced myself they’d used my stand-in for them’.

But as he prepared to make Summer Holiday, a remark on TV’s Coronation Street by the character Minnie Caldwell, jolted him into reality. ‘I love that chubby Cliff Richard,’ she remarked from her seat in the snug bar of the Rover’s Return.

The thought of Minnie and Bobby the cat settling down to watch Cliff live at the London Palladium on a Sunday night and then discussing the outcome with Ena Sharples in the Snug over a half of stout at the Rovers return the next night.......Ah....the Snug!

Today's controversy surrounds the fact that as Cliff does his calendar for 2014, that this year he has not provided a topless photo for his legion of fans.

He has, however, given them many a glimpse of his chest brought his unbuttoned shirt....oh the tease.

Here's a reminder of what you are missing ladies from only 4 years ago.

Maybe at least Cliff, who's calendars outsell Justin Biebers.......has decided that age may have caught up with his body....but not his voice. Imagine the meeting with the photographer......."Do you think I should cover up and tease my army of blue rinsed followers or get myself a set of gold braces?

Good decision Cliff.

Meanwhile...........

 

No comments:

Post a Comment