Saturday 26 March 2016

Country to Country

What does a middle aged bloke do to keep himself happy? Why turn up at the O2 Arena for three days of country music, that's what.

I decided to drive in and park the car...meet the wife who was in London anyway working. Thomas Rhett, Dwight Yoakam and Miranda Lambert opened Friday night plus Chalie Esten from Nashville doing a couple of songs on the mini stage.
Little bBig Town were sensational.

Thomas Rhett opened up proceedings.

I went last year got the two days of concerts and have been looking forward so much to this year. So much so that I bought a second ticket so that I could bring m girls on different nights?

Carrie Underwood played all her hits.

Saturday night was me and the Bear......Maddie and Tae, Sam Hunt, Little Big Town and Carrie Underwood kept us entertained. I was feeling so good, I even bought a pair of cowboy boots....... Need to get some extra cushioning ask my poor tootsies are straight into very hard leather.

s

Sunday was Gabi's turn, we enter in early to make a bit of a day of it. Saw some good new acts on the smaller free stages and Old Dominion on the Radio 2 stage...like them, heard a lot of their stuff.

Chris Stapleton, Casey Musgraves and Eric Church closed the weekend to remember.

Ilona, Bulgarias finest country star....

Gabi found the beer tent part of the day....

Old Dominion who gave us a lesson in American English. ....you don't get Band aids over here....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment