Friday 26 April 2013

Don't shoot me, I'm just the teacher.

In India, the buses came into town, men were herded in and mass unwanted sterilisations occurred in an attempt to curb the rising population. As an Educational Professional, there are times when I believe that there is still a need for that bus and today, I hope that it's a double decker.
People today have no concept of taking responsibility for their actions. Yesterday, I signed a students report to say that they had been 30 minutes late. "that's f*ckin' ridiculous." I was told. "But you were actually 30 minutes late." Today when the same student walked off at the start of the lesson to talk to an unnamed teacher from an unnamed subject about "something." So I reported her.
Imagine my surprise to be told that HER lunchtime detention was MY fault. Her poor punctuality and inability to follow instructions which led to a detention (unattended and so a days isolation ensued,) had nothing to do with her actions and was all my fault for recording her poor behaviour. "Driver."
A parent called to complain about a member of staff. "We'll I just want to talk about the problem that he's having with your teacher....." At this point I started shouting "oh....oh.....oh.......oh" down the phone. "Did you find that annoying?"  I asked her to which she replied "yes." "We'll that's what your child does when my teacher is talking and was eventually removed for throwing a pen across the room. "He said he got sent out for giving a pen back." "But it's the teacher fault! My boy doesn't like him. He learns when he gets sent out to another teacher."
" So you want me to reward his bad behaviour by moving him to another group?" "Yes because it's all the teachers fault." "Driver"
I do love the phrase "I wouldn't want to do your job." A phrase that is sadly followed by a load of suggestions as to how I should, in fact,  do my job properly.

If people do not realise that actions have consequences, what exactly is the point of their existence?
Answers on a postcard....what...you think I should  have got answers by email .....and its not your fault if I don't get any answers because you didn't bother to ask anyone to fill them in......

No comments:

Post a Comment