Saturday 11 January 2014

Looking for a hooker?

I'm not looking for a lady of the night but continually feel like I've been doing just that.......

Everytime I go shopping. Bishops Stortford has limited parking since they rebuilt Jackson Square to have more shops and less parking spaces. go figure. I had never seen a traffic warden in the town until the week after they closed the old car park.

With less spaces to park in I spend my time "cruising" the parking lot furtively looking for gaps ....should there be none to find after one or two circuits you then find yourself looking at people as they come out of the shopping centre and find yourself slowly following them, waiting, hoping that they are going back to their star to leave and not just to put shopping in.

Trust me. You almost feel dirty afterwards.

Don't get me onto the subject of parking spaces.

To my knowledge....cars haven't got any bigger....although my waistline may have increased a tad.....

Why are we expected to pay 80p for the right to park a car in a spot where it is almost impossible to get out.

In most cases you have to stop and let any passengers out before attempting to park....much to the disgust of other kerb crawlers who can see women with shopping bags heading for another car further down the row......and then you find yourself parking to the left hand side of the spot so that you can actually open your door and get out.

Grumpy old man time again.

No comments:

Post a Comment