Blog Archive

Wednesday 29 May 2013

So it's no to drug pusher or prostitute then?

"I'm a barista," she said as I sat down.

My baby, well all 21 years of her, has got a job in a pub. I thought that she was going to say that she was a buxom barmaid as she's half way here anyway but no. They've done it all up and it's gone all modern. No dark and dingy bar with beams, a roaring fire with an ageing labrador smouldering in front and enough  horse brasses to retire a scrap metal merchant. It's all white and light green and the pool table and big screen t.v. have been replaced with a coffee and cake shop.

"OK, can we have a cappuccino and a hot chocolate then," said I slightly stunned. "I can make you a coffee but I've not been taught how to make a hot chocolate using THE MACHINE," said she turning round to face the large steaming and bubbling edifice with her head lowered in awe.
"A BARISTA!" said I in disappointment.
I am pleased that you have a job.
I am more pleased that I do not have to drive you for 15 minutes to get to it and pick you up again like I did last year since the Green Man Pub is just down the road. It is in fact well within staggering back distance, a journey which I have never made, well not staggering.
Why not become a drug pusher? I believe that their is money in it. ome people pay there way through University by doing as much, others squander their grants on it.
Why not become a hooker? Again there is money in it and I believe that you get to lie down a lot. Also, I believe that the cleavage revealing tops and easy access underwear are tax deductible.
I wonder if Careers guidance teachers are allowed to give advice that pusher or pimp are acceptable careers which need little or no GCSE's to get in at entry level.
But no. You have sold your soul to the man. The man who makes big bucks by selling coffee for the price of a jar.
The only way I can accept this is if I sit in the bar and wave at you round the corner and NOT use first names!!

No comments:

Post a Comment