Blog Archive

Friday 31 May 2013

Did you call my wife a pigging bitch?

"Hello" said a disembodied face through the greenery at the bottom of the garden.
 I was taken by surprise as I had just been out to take the dog to his kennel, feed hens and let the mad chicks out into the run.
"I'm your local neighbourhood friendly farmer from just up the road and I'm having a look at your ditch." It seems that his fields are quite sodden as his water isn't draining away so he's about to unblock some obstructions........and of course, water has to go somewhere....and following the laws of gravity...we are the lowest point.
Now our garden floods roughly once a ŷear, normally in the winter/spring time when it rains. Our picnic/barbecue area ends up under 10 inches of water sometimes. Last year I found my garden hose floating in it, ....during a hosepipe ban!
Now it appears that I need to order a load of sand and make my own beach as my back garden goes underwater. Might be good for the beach volleyball competitions!! Try to see the positive. "Sheena, where's your bikini?"

Hamish was barking since farmer Giles had turned up with his two dogs as farmers do. At this point Sheena came out, concerned that I may have passed out on the grass, in her short nightie almost giving the young farmer a glimpse of her pleasant pastures.
"Of course you could be digging a ditch.......to put a drainage pipe in. You will need to hire a small digger for a weekend and then run pipes to link the two ditches along your property," said the farmer.
Rather than think the farmer was being a bit forward, Sheena got quite excited at the idea of using a small digger in a confined space.
There's another nice little job to fill up my summer months. Need to look at small digger hire for a couple of days.

 Does the fun never end?

No comments:

Post a Comment