Blog Archive

Saturday 1 June 2013

More screwing around for me then!

My wife has just come back from IKEA again!

Yet another pile of boxes loaded into the car in such a way that she just HAD to have the top down as she drove home.
So far I have made her two cupboards in the new "pantry" just so she now has space for her entertaining crockery and glasses. We have crockery and glasses for use everyday. We also have the unit for the "wedding" china and another unit for the crystal glasses.....
Two CD/DVD racks for storing clear glass jars in the pantry and DVD's in the conservatory.
AND a wardrobe in the new spare bedroom.

It's all the little things that go with it, such as the pingers that means you just press the door and it pings out so you don't need unsightly door knobs.
What did we ever do before IKEA? Oh yes, there was MFI. "He was so drunk that he swayed like an MFI wardrobe," a joke that has been cracked so often that it is still funny even after MFI have closed down.
Remember when Habitat started and that was the "IN" place to go for home furnishings...as long as you wanted it red, white or black.
IKEA, is it here to stay? I hope so. Sweden has given us some wonderful things over the years.

ABBA, well Agnetha in particular.

Volvo. Not always sexy but I know which car I will pray I WOULD have been driving should I ever hit something.

The Swedish Chef. Comic genius.

...but there was also Sven Goran Eriksen........well, no country is perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment