Blog Archive

Saturday 15 June 2013

Having socks with your daughter.

That was socks not sex!
Socks!
In our house we have had the age old argument of where do the missing socks go. Once they come out of that packet all new and pristine, get worn and go into the laundry basket then it becomes a lottery as to where they go and who gets them back. Most of the non sports socks in our house were black so who knows who should get them. Prudence says that I put them into my wife's pile and then let her sort things out from there.
I made the decision to invest in BLUE socks so that they would always find their way back to me and there would be no confusion. I bought them many years ago from Peacocks........sorry I am welling up and tears are forming since the store is no longer. The fact that a considerable amount of my wardrobe came from the store. My winter overcoat with a purple lining that I still wear cost £20. The socks were £3 for a pack of three....but there was a sale and I got them for half price.  50p for a pair of socks so I ended up with about 50 pairs, I put half in my drawer and the other half away.
Sadly the first wave have now gone to the big sock shop in the sky and I unleashed the fresh second wave into the world.
I hate getting a single pair of socks. You put them on and enjoy that first wear and then live in fear because you know that once they go into that laundry basket.....they may never come back....or at least one of them may not.
You get one and you put it in the orphan sock pile in the corner of your sock drawer hoping that one day it's twin will return, knowing that it will never happen.
When you have the spring clear out, you put your lonely sock into the bin and then ALWAYS the following week someone returns the other one to you as they had it in their lonely sock pile and realised that it wasn't theirs so two innocent socks bite the big one.
Now I have children and there are different problems as clothes tend to get borrowed.
Bethany will borrow my scarfs, hats, gloves and will occasionally put on one of my big jumpers if I make the mistake of putting it down. Either that or a cat will sit on it......go back to previous blog  re comments about smell!!!
Now Gabi is a stealer of socks. I become very enthusiastic when it comes to doing laundry as I try to stop any clothes interception in the bud.
I got to Thursday last week and found that I had only one pair of socks at he back of the drawer to make it into school on Friday. I now have a master plan. I will keep my collection of moths in the drawer as Gabi has a gear of moths and so would never open the drawer! Ha brilliant!
What did you say about moths and socks?

No comments:

Post a Comment