Blog Archive

Tuesday 25 June 2013

NOT singing in the rain......

Never one to do things by half, my charming wife has organised a Gospel Choir Concert for our back garden on Saturday for about 100 people.
Not a small band of acoustic guitarists sitting round the campfire. Not a quiet impromptu sing along in the garden which has happened in the past. Not a small select few but 100 people in the back garden.

My back garden!

The back garden that my kidney stone has prevented me from fully giving it the T.L.C. that it truely needs. I'm at the do a bit of work and stop when the tummy hurts and the rapid desire to wee blood makes me go to bed.
I'm hoping since its gospel and thus praising all things that God will look down and think "I'd better keep the rain off them since they are singing my praise....I'll send the storm clouds down to the bouncy castle at the end of the street.
Then there may a barbecue....apparently and a small fire may be lit in the corner.....normally to get rid of midges in the evening.
As a proud man, I am disappointed that my garden is not going to be in pristine condition. The garden. My refuge from family and work. A place hopefully filled with sunshine and chickens.
I did like my wife's comment that they weren't announcing the ensue on the Internet.
Why?
Are they afraid that the Dunmow massive or the Stortford posse would come round in their ford Ka's and trash the joint? It's a Gospel concert........neither of our parents are here to supervise but I think it's going to be OK.
"Hey Jason, I was going cruising wif me bird for a bit and then going round to Gay Daves flat to get wasted but do you fancy going down Takeley for a bit of Happy Clappy 'cos that Amazin' Grace always gets me 'ere"
I may have the local Fuzz on speed dial

No comments:

Post a Comment