Blog Archive

Monday 29 July 2013

Don'tcha just love Tune in F.M.

Radio is the new T.V.

I love radio. My wife thinks I am a heathen as the only radio station that I previously listened to was talk sport. 58 minutes of sport and two minutes of news....and one of those is on sports headlines. heaven.

One of the hosts of the breakfast shows, daughters go to my school. When I said I wake up in bed with her father every morning she smiled and shrugged it off.

Then came the ipad and tune in F.M. It has allowed me to listen to music from all over the world. To be able to transfer from one radio station to another from one side of the world to another is amazing.

It has of course allowed me to indulge in my middle aged love of Country and Weston music...yes as the Blues brothers would say....we play both kinds. Gator F.M. From East Cost USA, Conch Country from Marathon Key in Florida, Kbear from Alaska or Rooster from the Cayman Islands play me hours of endless redneck loving tunes.

With digital radio you also tend to channel flick knowing that you can go back to your favourite station in seconds....Internet permitting.

I have spent the last hour listening to Gabz Fm from Botswana who are playing back to back 80's disco tunes...my wife should be here....there would definitely be a classy chassis shake across the room...." Somebody else.'s guy......"

To my poor long suffering wife, I have become the bloke who goes from room to room with his ipad and bleeding music.

Not quite like the ghetto lasers of 30 years ago but close.

I deserve it I suppose. Especially for the 683 times and counting that I have pointed out that she has completely ignored me in favour of Candy Crush on her ipad.

Moneys on that's what she will have just stopped doing should she log onto this........684

No comments:

Post a Comment