Blog Archive

Friday 26 July 2013

If you're not a real man look away now.

Skoda has unveiled the ultimate baby buggy - an incredible one-off pram fitted with sports suspension and 20-inch alloy wheels.

Engineers at the Czech car maker thought of the most luxurious modifications they could add to a humble pram.

The result is a pushchair that has wing mirrors, high-spec brakes with brake lights, and headlights.

Whilst the pram itself is not a thing of natural beauty and looks like something that Jeremy Clarkson and the Top Gear lads would design, it does raise one of my bug bears about how certain products in life are designed either specifically for women or for people who are much shorter than my 6 foot height.

Pushing buggies is something I always found gave me back pain as in order to do so I would find myself walking and bending forwards to reach the buggy handles.

Now I loved pushing my kids but how much thinking would it take to have have extendable handles with a variety of different little holes (like they have to fit crutches) so that the same buggy could be comfortably pushed by parents of different heights.....believe me world, parents come in all shapes and sizes!

Broom handles, mops, garden hoes, rakes etc. All of these also need to be made longer or again have the option to increase the length.

Back pain is one of the most time consuming medical problems in current times and the equipment we use every day is causing some of it.

Humans have evolved and grown taller. If you don't believe me, check out the size of a suit of armour at a stately home or come and try walking in my 450 year old house with low lintels.

When you were working I always used to hear the phrase "put your back into it" ......maybe we should be doing something to take your back out of it!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment