Blog Archive

Sunday 28 July 2013

Happy memories

With the constant house upheaval that my wife manages to create, I suggested that we put the posts up on what used to be our bed but is now the spare bed.
Surprisingly she said yes. I knew that the posts were up above the bathroom next to the water tank and that the crossbeams were behind a few boxes and the hanging rail in Sheena's attic.
So I put them up.Memories came flooding back.
 This was the bed that we had in our first house in Laurel Wynd in Aberdeen. We slept in it in the pheasant house in Luton and in Eastmoor Park in Harpenden and now here.It has seen over 21 years of loyal,service. (No thats not what I mean!)
I have videos of Gabi as a baby(hours of video) filmed in this bed. This bed as seen Xmas mornings filled with excited children and presents not forgetting the more than occasional pet visitation.
It's been thrown up in.
Provided comfort when we were tired and weary and a source of happiness for years.
The weird thing just now is that we are now both lying on the bed on the spare room, posts in place with iPads in hand listening to bad company as the weather continues to change outside.
Loads of other things we could be doing but I'm at my side,Sheena at hers.
Sadly the bed has been he spare bedroom bed for quite a few years now.
The constant making and dismantling have taken it's toll and the front passenger side led might need some extra support were it to see action again.
It's nice to know that guests have commented that they were pleased that we moved the bed when we relocated Bethany.
I might just be tempted to come back and spend more time here as its lovely and soft, familiar and welcoming........so's the bed!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment