Blog Archive

Wednesday 24 July 2013

Oh for the love of a good chicken

I made my new chickens some jewellery the other day. My wife was very disparaging but at least Gabi was supportive and helped me catch them and hold them so that I could put it on.

Jewellery for chickens you say, the man must be mad. Not really. Most of ours are now plain ginger hens and thus look alike. Jewellery helps tell which is which or who is who.

A few coloured beads on a piece of wire makes things easy.

This time I made things simple. One colour of bead but on both legs so I don't need to wait for the chickens to turn round to get a glimpse of the bejewelled leg.

I can see a speciality market for these. Bespoke chicken jewellery...stop making your poultry feel paltry.

I think that Sheena was just jealous that I hadn't made her any.

The good news is that my girls love me for it. Just look at the love that they give me, keeping an eye on me as I bank out page aft page of panto in the conservatory.

Main problem I have at the moment is stopping them from actually coming in to join me through the open door.

They do look a bit scruffy as they are ex-bats and so came to us with missing feathers but are starting to look and act a bit better. And who wouldn't feel better with a bit of ankle jewellery eh girls.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment